To go to any boat in the Mentawai’s Islands is MANDATORY to have a travel insurance. Remember that
should cover extreme sports.
We have a first aid kit for cuts and bruises. For more severe cases, in some villages of the Mentawai, there
are health centers with foreign doctors working (since the tsunami these service centers have been set
up). For very critical cases, we will assist the guest to be transported to Padang and then a better hospital
in Malaysia or Singapore. All costs will be paid by the guest. That’s why it’s important to have a travel
You will obtain a free VISA on arrival and it’s valid for 30 days. For longer stays (more than 30 days), you
should ask for an extendable VISA.
Make sure your passport satisfies the six month validity passport rule. Passports should have at least six
months of validity when traveling to Indonesia. That means if your passport has less than six months
remaining until the expiration date, you should renew it right away.
Indonesian domestic flights delays or are canceled very frequently. For that reason, be sure to book a
flight to Padang considering delays. You need to arrive in Padang until 03 pm of the first day of the boat
trip and book your flight out of Padang from 12 pm of the last day of the boat trip.
Sibon Charters provide a professional photographer service on the boat. However, the image package is
not included. The image package is optional and costs USD $ 300 per person with all photos and videos,
including also life style images. To take your images we recommend having an external HD or pen drive
(from 100GB with USB 3 if possible), compatible with Apple operational system.
As most boats in Mentawai, Sibon Charters don’t have internet access on board. But during the trip, we
stop close to several resorts that have internet access and we take our guests to use the internet there.
Resorts charge a fee, so take money with you.
For those who have a smartphone, the suggestion is to buy a local carrier sim card (Simpati). Sometimes
along the boat trip, there will be cell phone signal and you can access the mobile internet. The cost is very
cheap, about $ 15 sim card + internet + phone package. If you have extra time in Padang, have someone
from our team take you to a cell phone store.
Sibon Charters have a satellite phone on board. This phone can be used at any time by anyone to make
international calls. The use of the phone is charged (50.000 rupiahs/minute). Whenever you want to call
your families and friends, just ask for our surf guide.
We provide two towels per person for use during the trip. If you find enough, no need to bring towels.
We have on board snorkel masks and fins. But keep in mind that around 20 different people per month
use the same equipment daily. Maybe it will not be in same conditions as your personal equipment that
you use twice a year. Or could happen that the whole group wants snorkel at the same time and maybe
we won’t have enough equipment for the entire group. For that reason, if snorkel is on your priority list,
feel free to bring your personal equipment. We bet you won’t regret!
It is forbidden the possession and use of any illegal drug in the boat. Indonesian law is very strict on this
subject. As you may know, some people have been arrested for drug trafficking and sentenced to death.
If someone is caught inside the boat carrying any kind of drug, it will be landed at the nearest village.
If you are traveling from Kuala Lumpur or Jakarta to Padang with Air Asia (only), please don’t forget to buy
sports equipment as check in baggage in advance (when buying your ticket or managing your booking on
the website before check in time). Paying for sports equipment when boarding can be 10 times more
Please, don’t forget to take with you USD 80 in cash (or the same amount in AUD or Rupiahs) to pay the
surfing tax created by the Indonesian Government.
Around 30 days prior to the boat trip, we will contact you requesting:
– passport details (full name, number, nationality, expiration date)
– flight date and time to/from Padang to schedule your transfer to/from the airport
– if you have any food restriction
– if you wish to order extra alcohol (other than the 24 beers already included in the package)
Once you have this information ready, at any time from today, you can send it to us.
In addition, we will also send you the package voucher once you paid in full.
If you have any questions regarding your travel, do not hesitate to write us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will be happy to assist you in preparing your trip.
Sibon Charters has a partnership with Bonsai Surf Lodge, a cozy and Indonesian style homestay in Padang.
All our guests are taken to this homestay before departure to wait to the right moment to get aboard.
There our guests can rest, take a bath, swim in their nice pool, access the internet, with no additional cost.
Also, it’s possible to have an Indonesian meal and local beer and drinks (additional cost). In case you need
to stay for a night, there are nice and air-conditioned bedrooms. Their rates are very affordable. Need to
book in advance.
– Number of passengers required: Minimum 8, Maximum 12 (for exclusive groups there is no minimum number of passengers)
– To book an individual spot or the whole boat, it’s necessary a booking deposit of USD 1000/ per person, up to 10 days after the reservation request. This amount is not refundable in case of waiver, by any reason. However, the spot can be transferred to other person indicated by the guest, without any cost
– No spot will be blocked and hold without the booking deposit
– The remaining balance must be paid until 60 days prior to departure. If the payment is not made before this date, the reservation will be canceled
– No refund is applied in case of natural disasters, such as tsunami, earthquake, storms, floods, etc. or due to political instability, be it local, national or global
– The remaining balance payment (not including the booking deposit) could be refunded only in case of waiver up to 30 days before departure. Taxes for the transfer will be paid by the guest. – Individual bookings are welcome, considering we need a minimum of 8 guests to confirm the charter. In case there isn’t the minimum number of bookings, the guest will be reassigned to other date or will have the full value paid refunded (including the booking deposit). In special situations, boat can depart with less than 8 guests.
– The boat can stay on a bay or a protected area for the period of time necessary, in case of an emergency, bad weather or any other reason demanded by the captain or surfguide. Our main goal is to keep the safety of the guests.
PT SIBON EXPLORER SUMATERA
Jalan Pulau Karam No 96C, Kelurahan Kampung Pondok, Padang, Sumatera Barat, 25119, Indonesia
This website was proudly build by NovoDiscurso.com, a brazilian company specialized in digital marketing.